Activyl for Dogs & Puppies
Flea & tick spot treatment for dogs
Activyl Flea Treatment is a once-a-month topical flea treatment for dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age or older. Activyl contains indoxacarb, an agent designed as a pro-insecticide. It kills adult fleas and breaks the flea life cycle.
Activyl Active Ingredient:
- (S)-methyl 7-chloro-2,5-dihydro-2-[[(methoxycarbonyl)[4-trifluoromethoxy)phenyl]amino]-carbonyl]indeno[1,2-e][1,3,4]oxadiazine-4a(3H)-carboxylate 19.53%
Indications for use
Activyl efficacy against new infestations with fleas persists for 4 weeks following a single application.
Administration and dosage
How to use Activyl:
- Spot-on use.
- Care should be taken to apply the product to intact skin.
- Open one sachet and remove the pipette.
- With one hand, hold pipette in an upright position away from your face and snap tip open by bending it and folding it back on itself.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair until the skin is visible and place pipette tip against the skin between the shoulder blades.
- Gently squeeze the pipette hence applying the solution on the skin. In order to avoid the product running onto the coat of the animal (especially in larger dogs) do not apply an excessive amount of solution to any one spot. Should this occur, re-application is not necessary; however, contact with treated areas (application sites) should be avoided until dry.
- For very small and small dogs:
- Squeeze pipette firmly applying the entire contents directly to the skin in one spot, between the shoulder blades.
- For larger dogs:
- Apply the contents of the pipette evenly to two (medium dogs) or three (large dogs) or four (very large dogs) spots, all located at different application sites along the backline from the shoulder to the base of the tail.