Canine Parvovirus Antigen fecal test kit
Witness Parvo detects all strains of canine parvovirus (CPV) shed in the feces. Positive results with Witness Parvo indicate the presence of canine parvovirus.
Witness Parvo kit contents:
- 5 Pouches, each containing 1 test device and desiccant.
- 5 Disposable extraction devices.
- 1 Extraction Buffer bottle (12.5 mL).
- Instructions for use.
Indications for use
Witness Parvo is a simple test based on Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM™) technology. Canine parvovirus antigen is detected in canine feces. Sensitized particles will form complexes with the CPV antigen present in the sample (fecal extract).
The formed complexes migrate along a membrane. The complexes are then captured on a sensitized reaction line where their accumulation causes the formation of a clearly visible pink/ red band. A pink/red band in the control window ensures that the test was performed correctly
Administration and dosage
- Remove the top portion containing the cotton swab, from a sample extraction device.
- Dispense Extraction buffer into the base of the sample extraction device until the buffer reaches the graduation mark.
- Taking the top portion of the sample extraction device, coat the cotton swab with a thin layer of feces from a stool sample, or a rectal swab.
- Insert the swab into the dispensed extraction buffer in the base of the sample extraction device. Securely fit the top portion onto the base and tap to mix for 5 seconds to ensure good sample extraction.
- Tear open a pouch provided and place the test device on a flat horizontal surface.
- Snap off the top of the sample extraction device (at the blue line) containing the extracted fecal sample.
- Invert and hold the sample extraction device in a vertical (upright) position and squeeze the base gently to dispense five drops of sample to the test well.
- Leave the test device flat during migration of sample/reagent complex through the reading windows.
- After 10 minutes, observe the presence or absence of pink/red bands in the reading windows (2) and (3).