recommend this product
It works good for what it is propose to.
Feline and canine luteinizing hormone test kit
Witness LH provides an accurate, semiquantitative measurement of canine and feline luteinizing hormone (LH).
Witness LH kit contents:
- 6 pipettes
- 6 test devices
Indications for use
Identification of the LH surge provides the most accurate means of canine ovulation timing.
Witness LH may be used for routine breeding situations and is especially recommended in those instances where there are factors present that could adversely affect conception rates. These include:
- chilled/extended semen breedings
- frozen semen breedings
- bitches with a history of infertility
- breedings with stud dogs with low semen quality
- limited access to the stud dog
Determining bitches and queens that have had their ovaries removed is possible through the detection of luteinizing hormone. Serum concentrations of LH increase after gonadectomy in dogs and cats.
Because LH concentrations in serum are < 1ng/mL in sexually intact bitches and queens, except during LH peak at estrus, it may be assumed that high values in bitches and queens not in estrus are indicative that the ovaries have been removed.
Administration and dosage
- Collect the blood sample in a plain (red top) vacutainer or serum separator tube. Allow the blood to clot, and separate the serum by centrifugation.
Instructions for use:
- Remove test device from foil pouch by tearing at the notch. Place the device on a flat level surface at room temperature.
- Draw some serum up into the provided pipet. Hold the pipet perpendicular to the device and add 3 drops of serum to the Serum Well “1”.
- Allow the test device to sit undisturbed for 20 minutes.
- Read results at 20 minutes. Reading results prior to or beyond the 20 minute test interval will invalidate results.
It is important to use the pipette provided to ensure enough sample is dropped into the well for accurate results.