Canine and Feline Pregnancy Test Kit
Witness Relaxin is intended to determine pregnancy in the bitch and queen, as well as to distinguish between pseudopregnancy and real gestation in the bitch.
Witness Relaxin kit measures relaxin levels in plasma or serum samples.
The presence of significant amounts of this hormone is a reliable indicator of pregnancy.
Witness Relaxin kit contents:
- 5 pouches, each containing 1 test device and desiccant.
- 1 buffer dropper bottle (2ml).
- Instructions for use.
- 5 pipettes.
Indications for use
- Relaxin can be detected in biological samples soon after implantation of the fertilized egg, which occurs about 18 days after LH surge. Relaxin is first detectable by Witness Relaxin during the fourth week of pregnancy (from D22 to D28 after ovulation), reaches its highest level in the 6th-8th weeks, and then declines prior to parturition.
- Some pregnancies may be detected as early as 20 days post-mating, while others may not test positive until after 31 days. It is recommended to test after this date if a previous result was negative. Occasionally, positive results may occur in non pregnant queens with elevated relaxin levels due to cystic ovaries.
Administration and dosage
- Tear open a provided pouch and place the test device on a flat horizontal surface for the duration of the test.
- Holding the provided pipette vertically, transfer two drops of plasma or serum sample to the sample well , window (1). (Do not use whole blood).
- Check that the sample has truly penetrated the membrane.
- Remove the cap from the buffer bottle, hold it vertically and add two drops of buffer to the sample well, window (1).
- Leave the test device flat during migration of sample/reagent complex through the reading window.
After 10 minutes, observe the presence or absence of pink / purple bands in reading windows (2) and (3).
Sample results are read in window (2). The control band is read in window (3).