Quickly & conveniently closes minor wounds
3M Vetbond quickly and conveniently closes minor wounds, often eliminating the need for sutures and/or bandages. It polymerizes in seconds after contact with tissue and body fluids and binds wound edges together so natural healing can occur. And now it’s paired with the next generation of adhesive packaging, making it faster, safer and more convenient to use than ever.
- Strong bond, polymerizes in seconds.
- Economical 3mL bottle with four "reusable" applicator tips.
- Blue dye for easy-to-see drop application.
- Unique nozzle seals itself with a proprietary pin cap and eliminates the need for a cutting blade to open
- Redesigned bottle and cap keeps the nozzle clear and allows unlimited opening and resealing, maximizing adhesive use
- Yellow pipettes ensure easy visibility when placed on a surgical table or white surface
- Ideal for a variety of procedures, including: cat declaws, dew claw removal, closing minor lacerations, tooth extractions, and oral surgery.
- 3 mL Applicator Bottle
Ingredients: N-butyl cyanoacrylate (>98% by weight), Hydroquinone (<1 % by weight), and blue dye (.01% by weight).
Indications for use
3M Vetbond Tissue Adhesive quickly closes minor wounds, often eliminating the need for sutures or bandages. Ideal for a range of procedures, including cat declaws, dew claw removal, closing minor lacerations, tooth extractions and oral surgery.
Administration and dosage
- Vetbond tissue adhesive must be at room temperature before use. Do not heat.
- Remove bottle cap. To open, cut off bottle tip with scissors or blade. Place flexible applicator tip on bottle.
- Vetbond adhesive may be used between stainless steel staples, but application of adhesive on staples may interfere with staple removal.
- When finished, remove excess adhesive in vial tip by holding bottle upright and gently squeeze single drop of adhesive out of tip onto a paper towel. Wipe bottle tip with the same paper towel. Replace bottle cap. Expel adhesive from applicator tip by pushing air through it from a standard syringe.
Store in a cool, dry place. Maintain product at room temperature during use. Product can be refrigerated or frozen for extended shelf life before opening. Store bottle upright on shelf in a cool, dry place (away from heat). After opening, do not return bottle to the refrigerator.
Avoid contact with skin and eyes. If in eyes, hold eyelids open and flush thoroughly with water. An ophthalmologist should be consulted. Use in well-ventilated area. Avoid breathing vapors over long periods of time. Avoid contact of adhesive with instruments, gloves and surgical instruments. Polymerized adhesive on instruments can be removed by soaking in acetone.
Do not use:
- if adhesive appears thicker than water at room temperature. Thickened product has partially polymerized and will not form an acceptable bond.
- internally, on infected and/or deep puncture wounds, or below the epidermal layer.
- in the presence of soaps, cotton products (gauze, cotton tipped applicators, etc.), basic substances (soaps, etc.) or polyurethane foam applicators. These materials may cause excessive exothermic (heat generating) reaction.