Reduces nervousness in highly strung pets
PetCalm Granules for Pet Anxiety
Homeopathic medicine for nervous and highly strung pets.
- Immediately calms anxious, stressed and highly strung pets.
- Reduces anxiety in pets with nervous dispositions.
- Improves emotional balance.
- Reduces distress during fireworks and other frightening occasions.
- Calms excitability in competitive events.
- Promotes nervous system health.
What is PetCalm?
PetAlive PetCalm Granules are a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered 100 percent natural homeopathic OTC medicine formulated especially to relieve acute symptoms of fear and nervousness in cats and dogs, helping to calm and soothe your pet back to a balanced mood.
PetCalm comes in convenient, dissolvable granule form. You can safely and easily sprinkle these pleasant-tasting granules on your pet's food or directly onto her tongue. The natural medicine will be rapidly absorbed in your pet's mouth - making them easy to administer. PetCalm is a natural remedy with no risk of side effects or addiction that can be safely consumed by animals of all ages and sizes.
All PetAlive homeopathic products and biochemic tissue salts are manufactured in a FDA registered and cGMP compliant pharmaceutical facility under the supervision of qualified homeopaths and responsible pharmacists. Individual ingredients are listed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Anxiety in Pets
Although certain animals have a more nervous temperament than others, traumatic events or exposure to particular stressors can upset even a normally calm animal.
Infrequent events like fireworks, a trip to the vet or thunderstorms cause a lot of stress for household pets because their perception makes the noise or change seem like a threat. Even the everyday noise from a hair dryer or vacuum cleaner can frighten some animals. When pets are not introduced to potentially stressful situations when they are young - like being around small children or other animals - those will often cause a fearful or anxious response, as well. Of course, an abusive situation or change of owner has the potential to instill fear also, and those situations require patience and discipline to overcome.
Pets that are left alone for long periods without access to space for exercise and those fed cheap, low-nutrition diets will also develop high levels of stress and anxiety, and may present aggressive or inappropriate behavior. In addition, pets are very attuned to their owner's stress levels. If you are anxious and stressed, your pet will sense it and react in kind. This can be a problem when participating in competitive events like pet shows and breeder competitions. When there is stress in the home due to relocation, divorce or other conflict, PetCalm Granules can help your pet cope without compromising her health.
PetCalm is a 100% homeopathic formula, contains these HPUS ingredients in therapeutic dosage, and has the following indications (purposes): Arg nit 30C, Kali phos 6C, Passiflora 6X, Scutellaria 6X.
- Arg nit 30C is a proven homeopathic remedy for anxiety, phobias and other nervous disorders. Also effective for digestive disorders, especially when linked to anxiety and stress.
- Kali phos 6C is a biochemic tissue salt with many therapeutic benefits. It is extremely useful for the relief of anxiety and emotional tension and is of great help to pets with nervous dispositions who are sensitive to stress or change of any sort.
- Passiflora 6X has a quieting effect on the nervous system, supports normal sleep.
- Scutellaria 6X is indicated where nervous fear predominates such as situational anxiety linked to a stressful event (e.g. a trip to the vet or a competitive event) or for more chronic nervous conditions.
Inactive Ingredients: Organic Sucrose.
Indications for use
Use PetCalm regularly to reduce behaviors related to general anxiety and stress in high-strung or chronically anxious pets, or use it as needed at times of acute pet anxiety, such as when moving to a new home or going to see the vet, for relief from periodic symptoms.
Administration and dosage
PetCalm comes in convenient dissolvable granule form. The tiny granules are easy to administer to pets of all sizes and personalities with no fuss or bother, simply sprinkle into your pet's mouth or mix into their food. Administer hourly as needed. Thereafter administer 2-3 times daily for ongoing support if necessary.
Cats: 1 pinch
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1 pinch.
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 2 pinches.
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1/4 cap.
PetCalm is also safe for small pets.
Ferrets and rabbits: 1 small pinch.
Hamsters, gerbils & mice: Approx. 15 granules.
Note: Safe for animals of all ages, pregnant animals or animals that are nursing. PetCalm can safely be used along with prescription medications. No adverse interactions have been noted between the ingredients in PetCalm and prescription medications. However, as with any medicine, it is always advisable to consult your vet.