Flea & tick spot treatment for dogs
Effitix Plus Topical Solution for Dogs and Puppies is for convenient, quick-acting, long-lasting, effective control of fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, and lice.
Effitix Plus Topical Solution for Dogs and Puppies contains:
- Fipronil 6.0%
- Permethrin[^1] 44.8%
- Pyriproxyfen 1.8%
Other ingredients: 47.4%
Indications for use
Effitix Plus Topical Solution for Dogs and Puppies:
- Stops existing infestations and prevents establishment of new infestations for fleas and ticks.
- Prevents re-infestation for one month
- Remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to rain or sunlight
- Kills newly emerged adult fleas prior to egg laying
- Kills fleas that may transmit the following diseases: bartonellosis, tularemia, and tapeworm infestations
- Kills fleas that may cause Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) or flea-bite anemia
- Prevents blood-feeding by mosquitoes
- Kills and repels all stages of Brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, Lone Star ticks, and Deer ticks (that may transmit Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, babesiosis, ehrlichiosis, and anaplasmosis)
- Kills and repels mosquitoes
- Repels and prevents blood-feeding by biting flies
- Kills lice and aids in the control of sarcoptic mites
- Prevents and controls lice infestations
Administration and dosage
Remove one applicator from packaging. Hold applicator upright and remove cap.
Invert cap and place other end back onto applicator tip. Push cap down to break seal. Remove cap prior to treatment application.
Part dog’s hair until skin is visible. Place applicator tip directly against exposed skin.
For small dogs and puppies 8 weeks old or older weighing 5 to 10.9 lbs or weighing 11 to 22.9 lbs:
- Deposit entire contents by squeezing the entire applicator contents onto dog’s skin, at a single site, between the shoulder blades as shown in diagram 3a.
For medium dogs 23 to 44.9 lbs or large dogs 45 to 88.9 lbs:
- Apply the product evenly to three spots on the dog’s back, starting between the shoulder blades and continuing on to the second and third spots as shown in diagram 3b, squeezing the applicator until empty.
For extra large dogs 89 to 132 lbs:
- Apply the product evenly to four spots on the dog’s back, starting between the shoulder blades and continuing on to the second, third, and fourth spots as shown in diagram 3c, squeezing the applicator until empty.
Effitix Plus Topical Solution for Dogs and Puppies is not applied superficially on dog’s hair.