For the treatment of internal and external parasite
Vetrimec is a pour-on parasiticide for cattle.
Each mL of Vetrimec contains:
- Ivermectin 5mg
Indications for use
Vetrimec is indicated for the effective control of these parasites in cattle.
- Ostertagia ostertagi (adults and L4) (including inhibited stage)
- Haemonchus placei (adults and L4)
- Trichostrongylus axei (adults and L4)
- T. colubriformis (adults and L4)
- Cooperia spp. (adults and L4)
- Oesophagostomum radiatum (adults and L4)
- Strongyloides papillosus (adults)
- Trichuris spp. (adults)
- Dictyocaulus viviparus (adults and L4)
Cattle Grubs (parasitic stages):
- Hypoderma bovis
- H. lineatum
- Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis
- Linognathus vituli
- Haematopinus eurysternus
- Damalinia bovis
- Solenopotes capillatus
- Horn Flies
- Haematobia irritans
- Haematobia irritans
- Vetrimec Pour-On has been proved to effectively control infections and to protect cattle from re-infection with Ostertagia ostertagi, Oesophagostomum radiatum, Haemonchus placei, Trichostrongylus axei, Cooperia punctata and Cooperia oncophora for 14 days after treatment.
Treatment of Cattle for Horn Flies:
- Vetrimec Pour-On controls horn flies (Haematobia irritans) for up to 28 days after dosing. For best results Vetrimec Pour-On should be part of a parasite control program for both internal and external parasites based on the epidemiology of these parasites. Consult your veterinarian or an entomologist for the most effective timing of applications.
Administration and dosage
The dose rate is 1 mL for each 22 lb of body weight. The formulation should be applied along the topline in a narrow strip extending from the withers to the tailhead.
Because of the solvents used in Vetrimec Pour-On, the applicator gun from Simcro Tech, or equivalent, is recommended. Other applicators may exhibit compatibility problems resulting in locking, incorrect dosage or leakage. Remove the shipping cap from the backpack container and replace with the vent cap provided. Attach the hose from the automatic dosing equipment to the outlet from the vent cap. Follow the applicator gun manufacturer’s directions for priming the gun, adjusting the dose, and care of the applicator gun following use.
Because of the solvents used in Vetrimec Pour-On, the draw-off device and applicator gun from Simcro Tech, or equivalent, is recommended. Other applicators may exhibit compatibility problems resulting in locking, incorrect dosage or leakage. Screw Feedlot pack cap and dip tube onto the 20 liter drum ensuring a tight fit. Connect the long 3m feed tube at one end to the spigot on the Feedlot pack cap and the other end to the applicator gun. Then follow the applicator gun manufacturer’s directions for priming the gun, adjusting the dose, and care of the applicator gun following use.
When the interval between use of the applicator gun is expected to exceed 12 hours, disconnect the gun, draw off tubing and dip tub and cap from the product container, empty the product from the gun and tubing back into the container and replace the shipping cap.
|220 lb (100 kg)||10 mL|
|330 lb (150 kg)||15 mL|
|440 lb (200 kg)||20 mL|
|550 lb (250 kg)||25 mL|
|660 lb (300 kg)||30 mL|
|770 lb (350 kg)||35 mL|
|880 lb (400 kg)||40 mL|
|990 lb (450 kg)||45 mL|
|1100 lb (500 kg)||50 mL|