Flea & tick spot treatment for dogs
Parastar is an effective ready-to-use monthly treatment that can help protect dogs from the dangers of fleas and ticks.
Indications for use
Parastar topical spot-on containing fipronil is indicated to kill adult fleas and ticks, including those that may transmit Lyme disease.
Parastar is approved for use on dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age and older and 4 pounds and heavier up to 132lbs.
Administration and dosage
How to open Parastar:
- Remove product tubes from the package.
- Separate one tube from the others.
- Hold the tube with notched end pointing up and away from the face and body.
- Use scissors to cut off the narrow end at the notches along the line.
How to apply Parastar:
- While holding the dog with one hand, use the other hand to apply the solution.
- Invert the tube and use the open end to part the dog’s hair.
- Apply contents of one tube of Parastar as a spot to the dog’s back between the shoulder blades.
- Hold the dog for a few seconds to give the solution time to be absorbed into the dog’s coat.
- When finished, wrap the tube in paper and put into the trash.
- Apply only one tube per dog per treatment.
- Repeat application may be made if necessary, but do not apply more often than once every 30 days.
Use Parastar monthly for control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations. Studies show that Parastar for Dogs kills fleas for up to three months. If your dog is at high risk for flea reinfestation, or in a highly infested environment, apply monthly. Apply monthly to control ticks and chewing lice. Parastar for Dogs remains effective, after water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. Allow treated area to dry thoroughly. Do not reapply for 30 days.